Practice Context/e-Learning activities/Digital literacy and citizenship in your own work environment
e-Learning activity summary
|Title:||Digital literacy and citizenship in your own work environment.|
|1 - 2 hours|
|Exploring the influence of digital literacy and citizenship in your own work environment.|
|Stimulus: 20 ways of thinking about digital literacy in higher education|
:1. Reflect on the stimulus comments.
- Reflect on the blog post and consider the following questions:
- What were the key thoughts and suggestions that had most meaning for you?
- What do you consider to be the issues in your work area relating to digital literacy and citizenship ?
- How comfortable and familiar are you with accessing and using digital tools and media?
- What are your students expectations around using digital tools and media?
- Note your thoughts in your learning journal.
- 2. Explore other view points
- Talk with colleagues and explore their thoughts on digital literacy and citizenship.
- Reflect on this in your learning journal.
- 3. For those who want more
- Using your search skills seek out articles and published discussions or viewpoints on digital literacy and digital citizenship.
- Reflect on the findings of your search in your learning journal.
- Anyangwe, E. (2012, May). 20 ways of thinking about digital literacy in higher education. The Guardian. Higher Education Network. Retrieved from http://www.guardian.co.uk/higher-education-network/blog/2012/may/15/digital-literacy-in-universities