Planning and managing organisations/PMAN103/Assessment
PART A: Strategic business report (80%)
This assignment will allow you to further explore S.W.O.T. analysis and SMART objectives and skills in setting goals, objectives and measures. To complete this assignment, you must choose an organization, either one you have personal experience with or that you have read about in the news media and conduct an S.W.O.T. analysis. Once you complete the S.W.O.T. analysis you must then prepare one strategic goal and three related objectives using the SMART method. Your final step is to identify and justify the two most important decisions the organisation will need to take within the next year and to reflect on the implications for resource allocation.
Your report should contain the following:
- Several paragraphs telling the reader about the organization you have chosen. If it is one from the news media, please provide links (properly cited) to articles. If it is one you have personal experience with, please provide enough context so the reader understands the organization.
- Prepare a complete S.W.O.T. analysis of the organization. You should pay special attention to making sure you backup and link your analysis with citations to course theory.
- A paragraph explaining the strategic goal and one each explaining the three related SMART objectives.
- Several paragraphs identifying and justifying the two most important decisions and implications for resource allocation.
Your essay should be 1250 words maximum and you must use the APA referencing style.
When preparing the assignment, students must consult and cite five (5) relevant books, book chapters, or journal articles (at a minimum). These books and journal articles can be sourced online. Remember to look at the ANU e-Press, of Open Access Journals or the Bielefeld Academic Search Engine when researching your assignment. (For information on finding open access resources, you can consult the OERu course, Digital literacies for online learning.)
Part B: Learning challenge reflection (20%)
Scope: 500 words maximum
- Write a learning reflection based on the business report from Part A.
- Describe the two most important things that you learnt from Part A of this assessment.
- Think about WHAT you have learned but also HOW you learned it.
- How did this new knowledge integrate with previous knowledge and experience, i.e. how does theory relate to practice?
- Explain what the two things you have learnt would impact the kind of strategic business report you would prepare in the future.
Submission: Attach your submission to an email with the subject line PMAN103 Assessment Submission and addressed to Be Filled In To Be Filled