PCF5:Open and distance learning for health worker training
Title of session
...Open and distance learning for health worker training...
- Date: ... 17th July 2008 ...
- Time: ... 11.00-12.30 ...
- Room: ... Clark Hall ...
- Syed Shahzad Shah, A case study on role of distance education in preventive to curative health and nutrition issues, (200)
- Shubhangi Vaidya, Capacity building for carers of children with learning disabilities (313)
Key Issues that arose in the session
- ODL can be used for medical matters
- Some experience is preferrable
- Useful for continueing education that is not received in formal training
- Addresses the needs of the country
- Disability in the developing world is not an individual problem but often a family problem, marginalisation occurs
- ODL offers an opportunity to reach these marginalised groups
- Has potential to create circles of support
Points for future action (Policy, recommendations, commitments etc.)
- ODL for medical education needs to be developed and designed according to national and prioritised needs
- Disability requires ODL attention
- Can lead to circles of support for marginalised groups
- ODL for carers of disability needs focus