OPTM14 Research Methods
Directed Learning hours: 30
Self Directed Learning hours: 70
Total Learning Hours: 100
This course aims to provide students with the level of understanding of contemporary massage research that is required to operate effectively as an evidence-based healthcare professional.
At the successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the research process
- Develop a research query
- Locate literature relevant to this query
- Understand and critique research articles relevant to health practice
- Present research evidence effectively
- Describe the role of evidence-based practice
- Interpreting research articles
- The research process
- Developing a research query
- Searching the literature
- Presentation of research evidence
- Evidence-based practice
The following strategies may be used: • Assignments • Theoretical examination • Discussion • Reflective blogging • Oral presentations • Research projects • Online quizzes/exercises • Group projects
Students will be expected to engage with online discussions and activities and in some instances, participation may be required.
Students must achieve competency in all assessment tasks for completion of this course. Students attendance and participation must also comply with the attendance requirements of the course.
Student Reading List
Required Reading Resources:
- There are no required reading resources for this course.
Recommended Reading Resources:
- The course coordinator may recommend additional reading resources.