|Work in progress, expect frequent changes. Help and feedback is welcome. See discussion page.|
Canadian Evaluation Society Project in Support of Advocacy and Professional Development
- Anderson, S.G. & Ball, S. (1978). The profession and practice of program evaluation. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Babbie, Earl (2000). The practice of social research (9th ed). Wadsworth.
- Chelimsky, Eleanor & Shadish, William R (Eds.) (1997). Evaluation for the 21st century: A handbook. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Cook, D. C. & Campbell, D. T. (1979). Quasi-experimentation: Design and analysis issues for field settings. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
- Guba, Egon G. & Lincoln, Yvonna S. (1989). Fourth generation evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Love, A. (1995). Evaluation methods sourcebook II. Toronto, ON: Canadian Evaluation Society
- Love, A. (1991). Evaluation methods sourcebook I. Toronto, ON: Canadian Evaluation Society
- Lusthaus, Charles et al. Organizational Assessment: A Framework for Improving Performance. IPDET Book Club Choice)
- Ottawa-Carleton Health Department (1997). Program evaluation tool kit.
- Owen, John M. & Rogers, Patricia (1999). Program evaluation: Forms and approaches. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Patton, Michael Quinn (1997). Utilization-focused evaluation: The new century text (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Rossi, Peter H., Freeman, Howard E., & Lipsey, Mark W. (1999). Evaluation: A systematic approach (6th ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Scriven, Michael (1991). Evaluation thesaurus. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Shadish, William R., Jr., Cook, Thomas D., & Leviton, Laura C. (1991). Foundations of program evaluation: Theories of practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Stake, Robert. Standards-Based and Responsive- Evaluation (IPDET Book Club Choice)
- United Way of America (1996). Measuring program outcomes: A practical approach Alexandria, VA: United Way of America.
- Weiss, Carol H. (1998). Evaluation (2nd ed). Prentice-Hall.
- Wholey, Joseph S., Hatry, Harry P., & Newcomer, Kathryn E. (Eds.) (1994). Handbook of practical program evaluation. Jossey-Bass.
- Worthen, Blaine R. (1996). Program evaluation : Alternative approaches and practical guidelines. Addison-Wesley.</P>
- Caron, Daniel, J. (1993). Knowledge required to perform the duties of an evaluator. Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation, 59-79.
- Chelimsky, Eleanor (1998). Article in American Journal of Evaluation, 19.
- King, Jean, Stevahn, Laurie, Ghere, Gail, & Minnema, Jane (2001). Toward a taxonomy of essential evaluator competencies. American Journal of Evaluation, 22, 229-247.
- Mertens, Donna M. (1994). Training evaluators: Unique skills and knowledge. New Directions for Program Evaluation, 62, 17-27.
- Rennekamp, Roger (March 2002). "Just In Time" Learning: An Alternative Paradigm for Evaluation Capacity Building. ">March 2002 Issue of "Hear it From the Board from AEA's Extension Education Evaluation Topical Interest Group.
- Scriven, Michael (1996). Types of evaluation and evaluator. Evaluation Practice, 17(2), 151-161.
- Smith, M. F. (1999). Should AEA begin a process for restricting membership in the profession of evaluation? American Journal of Evaluation, 20,</EM> 521-531.
- Taylor-Powell, Ellen (January 2002). Competence in Extension Education Evaluation - What is it? What does capacity building entail? <January 2002 Issue of "Hear it From the Board from AEA's Extension Education Evaluation Topical Interest Group.
- Weiss, Carol H. (1998). Article in American Journal of Evaluation 19(1).
- Worthen, B. R. (1999). Critical challenges confronting certification of evaluators. American Journal of Evaluation, 20, 533-555.</P>
Program Evaluation Standards
- Joint Committee on Standards for Educational Evaluation (1994). The program evaluation standards (2nd ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- The American Evaluation Association's Guiding Principles for Program Evaluators
- The German Evaluation Society's Evaluation Standards (Summary)
- Evaluation Standards for the Government of Canada
- Claremont Graduate University Website (select the Index page)
- Evaluation Checklist Project Website
- Pennsylvania State - Program Evaluation Tip Sheets
- Bill Trochim's Website
- University of Wisconsin - Extension: Core evaluation curriculum
- Western Michigan University's Evaluation Center - Project to assess the training needs of evaluators with doctoral-level training in evaluation.
- Qualitative Research Consultants Association - Best Business Practices
- Treasury Board of Canada Competency Profile for Federal Public Service Evaluation Professionals
- The American Evaluation Association's accreditation concept mapping project