OERu learner support/Links/FAQs/Mastodon concepts
- An action to share a toot with your followers (called a "Retweet" in Twitter).
- A user generated keyword prefixed with the hash or pound sign (“#”) without any spaces, for example “#LiDA101”. Hashtags help with searching for toots that contain the keyword tag. It OERu we recommend that you tag toots using the course code.
- Instance is the location of the Mastodon community you join. Mastodon is a federated technology with the ability to connect with multiple instances. You will find the OERu instance at mastodon.oeru.org.
- An action to "like" another user's toot by clicking the star icon underneath. It signifies that you are "listening', agreeing or offering support to the ideas expressed in the original post.
- An action to follow toots from a user on Mastodon
- The home column lists toots from people you are following
- The notifications column lists boosts, favourites, mentions and who has followed you.
- An action to reply to a user's post which includes the @username of the original poster and displays the reply as a "thread" in the context of the original post.
- Refers to a message posted on Mastodon (in Twitter, messages are called a "tweets").