OERu/Strategic plan 2014 - 2017/Strategic plan 2015 - 2017/Annual report 2014/PLAR portfolio course working group
Report of the PLAR portfolio course working group
- To develop an OERu course or process on how to prepare a portfolio for PLAR or otherwise document prior learning, including possibilities for credit recognition at partner institutions using the OERu model.
- To determine a process for evaluating the possibility of a general OERu policy governing the assessment of prior learning and/or leveraging it toward completion of academic requirements
- To link the work of this Working Group to the work of the credit transfer and course articulation Working Group
- To evaluate the options for offering a course or other process for the assessment of prior learning.
Summary of main outputs
- Few as of yet, due to transition of convener in recent months--group has not had a formal meeting to date.
- Resolved to discuss general approach for this Working Group as an agenda item at the OERu meeting in Hobart.
Recommendations for 2015 and the future
Work to review PLAR courses offered by Thomas Edison State College and Thompson Rivers University, as well as Learning Counts course offered by CAEL.