OERu/Strategic plan 2014 - 2017/Strategic plan 2015 - 2017/Annual report 2014/Course design and development partners manual working group
Report of the Course Design and Development Partners Manual working group
The partners manual aims to:
- provide existing and new partners joining the OERu with the information they need to maximise the benefits of membership and participate actively in the operations of the OERu network.
- incorporate guidelines and suggestions for course design and development incorporating exemplars of "best practice".
- Agree to the scope and objectives for the partners manual
- Determine the table of contents for the partners manual
- Collaboratively author the first draft of the OERu partners manual.
Summary of main outputs
- Multiple online meetings held with project team led to consensus around scope, contents and objectives for partners manual.
- Content completed with the following elements, much of it compiled from (linked to) other areas of the OERu wiki.
- Overview of the OERu including membership criteria, logic model, planning pages, how to become a partner, and FAQ about the organization.
- Links to important communication channels e.g. mailing lists
- Features of OERu courses including:
- Overview of, and informational links to, open content details and requirements
- Elements of a complete course
- Information on credit options
- How to consider learners with multiple aims in learning design
- Suggestions to work in collaboration.
- Information on how to make course contributions.
- Design and development of OERu courses including:
- Team composition
- Development tools (with multiple references to WikiEducator tutorials and OERu course style guide)
- Collaboration and communication
- Learning design for open courses
Recommendations for 2015 and the future
- Pilot with small group of new members for feedback and improvements
- Create small ongoing maintenance group