OERu/Planning/Technology working group/27 June 2014
Where: Hangout link
- Update on OCL4Ed
- 56 participants from 25 countries
- 6994 cumulative page views see Webstats for 1st 3 sessions
- Approximately 20% accessing course site using mobile OS
- Widget:AddToTable - see example bug reporter for Extension:PeerEvaluation
- OERF Board decision: Value add publishing services
- GSoC Peer Evaluation project
- User dashboard
- Update: newSpash theming for OERu course site.
- Date and convener for next meeting.
Attendance: Tim Klapdor, Jim Tittsler, Wayne Mackintosh & Tim McCallum
- Google Summer of Code Examples on the beta wiki
- Getting feedback to Akash on user experience to feedback - around navigation
- Add to Table Widget - add to wiki via form fields - jquery Popover UI
- Capacity an interesting challenge for publishing. Course publishing will be limited to partner institutes
- newSplash quote accepted - so going ahead with work
- Request made to have a local copy of database
- Access to databases for developers may be an issue going forward
- Discussion around local copies - and working in the open
- Discussion around technical component of publishing works
- A one size fits all approach is possible
- But how much customisation is going to be needed/wanted?
- SCAN Page Update
- Local development in progress
- Then code shared and made available via wiki
- Development of "Vanilla" format, a couple of generic templates starting points for different uses
- OCL4Ed Scan Page http://wikieducator.org/Practice:OCL4Ed/SCAN
- Tension between tech teams and course developer - might need coding options to suit different institutions.