OERu/Planning/Technology working group/2015-12-04
- Technology working group 2016 KPIs: Master page | 2016 Operational priorities
- Pros/cons WeKan
- Webconferencing: Hosted instance: http://www.bigbluemeeting.com
- Discourse and SSL
- GIFT format for quizzes (parsing)
- WEnotes posting in WordPress
- Fate of OnlineGroups.Net...
- Discussed context of 2016 KPIs and reviewed draft technology KPIs
- Team will add comments on discussion pages if required
- Noted missing KPIs for FOSS technology assessment advice
- Discussed pros and cons of WeKan noting concerns about development status of the project.
- Noted advantages of limiting number of tech platforms and WikiEducator Kanban proof of concept
- Agreed there are higher development priorities than progressing the wiki Kanban widget and will use existing WeKan / plan.oeru.org as "experimental" technology.
- Dave will set up 14 trial account for BBB for testing by a small number of OERu folk.
- Discussed challenges with CSS and SSL on the Discourse sites
- Update on progress for GIFT format for quizzes.
- Cloze quiz format will not be implemented - will be substituted by fill in the blank field at end of text question
- Noted that multi-choice will require a submit button.
- Discussed alternate options for feedback on individual distractors versus general feedback. Will aim to provide option for both.
- Discussed example of Threaded WENotes post on every page in WordPress.
- Will think further about pedagogical issues relating to optimal ordering (i.e. historical or newest post first)
- Discussed issues relating to internal WP forums versus discourse forums.
- Wayne to explore FutureLearn comments
- Noted that onlinegroups.net is likely to be discontinued.
Futurelearn page comment system
- FutureLearn comments are listed newest first
- Appears to only use one level of nested replies - i.e. can only reply to parent comment not reply to reply.
- Replies do not have a "reply" link
- Comment system / interface
- Feature which enables user to "follow / unfollow" their favourite participants.
- Options to view: 1) All comments 2) Following 3) Most liked 4) Your comments.
- Live counter restricting comments to 1200 characters.