OERu/OERu 16.10 Meeting/Group 3 Critical friend review
What is the OERu doing well?
- Organizing technology well - very critical piece - getting the framework set up
- Bringing like minded people together
- Relentlessly open – every action is embedded in openness
- Wayne’s method of working – been critical – methodical – a model
- Seems to be doing a lot with very little resources
Where or how can the OERu network improve?
- Don’t understand how student-partner interactions will work – e.g. points of contact of institutions
- Questions about student assessments: is it their own work
- Opportunity to get to know the students earlier and build relationship as institution?
- Ability to offer existing institutional supports for students in OERu courses
- Built-in missed opportunities?
- Problem with communications – getting emails from OERu – feels like random bits of information
- Challenges of organizational differences – lots of material, but institutional priorities supersede these
- Vision of being able to engage with large numbers of students
- Challenge of institutions getting to know what courses are in OERu
- Degrees have direction – certificate a mishmash – would prefer to see other courses
What are the top 3 priorities this partner meeting should address?
- Get past proof of concept, then:
- The student connection – point of contact
- More coherent structure for program design – balance of independence vs structure
Do you have any issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
- Program design
- Learner support
- Challenges in understanding communications from OERu - getting the big picture