OERu/OERu 16.10 Meeting/Group 2 MVP due diligence activity list
Task: Discuss and list the steps required for a successful launch of the OERu 1st year of study
Remember to add any issues that your group would like to be tabled at the CEOs meeting on the issues list.
- 1 Pre-Launch Due Diligence
- 2 Proposed date for the launch of the OERu 1st year of study and suggested action items?
- 3 Other Ideas
- 4 Decision recommendations
Pre-Launch Due Diligence
The due diligence steps the OERu network should undertake before launching our 1st year of study.
- remind institutions of their copyright clearance obligations (implicit for any Wikieducator materials)
- date for marketing to completing course materials
- information for learners (clear definitions of terms) regarding the generic (i.e. boilerplate) relationship between learners and institutions (expectations of timing, formats, etc.)
- a web page showing a list of institutions who will accept transfer credits from other institutions
Individual Institutional Responsibility
- course preparations/materials are fully proofed
- materials cleared for Copyright infringement (per institution)
- registration, fee determination, payment method/gateway
- include any variations from the boilerplate information for learners, particularly identity of the institution contact details, transfer credit, pre-requisites/programme information, and assessment pricing structure
- keeping institutional details up-to-date (e.g. pricing, address, contact information)
- courses completed and validated as they will be available for transfer credit with that institution
- hold all materials required for assessment
- contact the selected assessing institution, enter into "contract" for assessment, and make materials available for assessment according to institution's requirements.
Oceania meeting considerations
Check list for course launch
Marketing of OERu courses
Proposed date for the launch of the OERu 1st year of study and suggested action items?
This will be launched as a "pilot".
- 15 January 2017 MVP marketing to learners
- 15 March 2017 MVP launch date
- identify and track learner "ambassadors" - get success stories for PR plan
- case studies from learners, educators, institutional representatives
Don't forget to assign responsibility for implementing the decisions - i.e who will do it