OERu/OERu 15.10 Meeting/Group 3 Promoting effective collaboration
* Discussion to include marketing
Attending: Denzil Todd Catherine Kirk Tony Marc Irwin (reporter)
- What's been happening? Not much, organic - goal has been 50 partners for viability
- We know who our students are but not others
- Need gate to plate model
- 2 levels of marketing, one to the institution, other for OERu
- Institution has to understand the purpose
- Could use simple infographic or perhaps animated videos
- How does this fit into institutional branding?
- Using implementation team for informal marketing
- Has not been a lot of this in course development
- Low (perceived) cost of not collaborating
- How to engage with partners based on interests? - worked mainly on the individual level
- Introduce collaboration encouragements at course proposal level - skill-trading economy
- Also think of students as collaborators
- Issue calls among the partners
- Start earlier - what is the need?
- Increases quality - harness the power of the network
- Collaboration - some standardization vs individual institutional practices?
- Research collaborations