OERu/OERu 15.10 Meeting/Group 1 Critical friend review
What is the OERu doing well?
- Strength through diversity - amassed an impressive group of partner members
- Succeeded to gain endorsement of the OERu concept from partners
- Compelling vision - but need to align policy for implementation
- Comprehensive model that has considered all the parts
Where or how can the OERu network improve?
- Improve skill level of participants of OERu network
- Raise awareness of the OERu once we have minimal viable product
- Get institutional IT / Technology staff at OERu participating in OERu technology group.
- Capacity development in open source
- Raise awareness of open technologies. Are we developing appropriate support resources for open technologies?
- Institutional leadership for OERu implementation
- Do a better job of selling internal organisational benefits of OERu
What are the top 3 priorities this partner meeting should address?
- Marketing and raising awareness.
- Complete first year of study (for marketing)
- Expand OERu regional meetings / collaboration
- Standard exams / testing
- Empirical evidence of efficiencies of OER
Do you have any issues which should be tabled at the OERu Council of CEOs meeting?
- Recommendations for progressing marketing
- What do OERu institutions need to have in place to engage in the OERu implementation
- Getting technies on board with OERu tech.