Inaugural Meeting of the OERu Council of CEOs
|OERu 2013 Events|
|OERu 13.11 OERu Council of Chief Executive Officers||Homepage and agenda | Draft terms of reference | Report|
Date: 5 November 2013
Venue: Room 1420 - 8771 Lansdowne Rd, Richmond BC: Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Time: 10:00am - 2.00pm (including working lunch)
Chair (Pro tempore): Dr Alan Davis, President and Vice-Chancellor, Kwantlen Polytechnic University.
- Dr Alan Davis, President and Vice-Chancellor, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Prof Vasudba Kamat, Vice Chancellor, SNDT Women's University, Mumbai (Apology)
- Phil Ker, Chief Executive, Otago Polytechnic
- Dr Alan Shaver, President and Vice-Chancellor, Thompson Rivers University
- Prof Martin Oosthuizen, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Teaching and Learning, North-West University
- Rassie Louw, Manager, Teaching and Learning Technology, North-West University
- Dr Mika Hoffman, Executive Director, Center for Educational Measurement, Excelsior College
- Prof Sandra Wills, PVC Student Learning, Charles Sturt University
- Prof Clive Mulholland, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of South Wales
- Dr David Porter, Executive Director, BCcampus
- Prof Rory McGreal, UNESCO-COL Chair in OER, Athabasca University.
- Prof Ken Udas, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Academic Services and CIO, University of Southern Queensland.
- Dr Jane Fee, Deputy Provost & Associate Vice President Academic, Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Dr Wayne Mackintosh, Director, OER Foundation and UNESCO-COL Chair in OER, Otago Polytechnic.
|Welcome and introductions||Brief introduction from participants||10.00 (15 mins)|
|Vision and aims of the OERu leading to finalisation of the terms of reference and functioning of the OERu Council of CEOs.||Discuss long term aims of the OERu. Review, refine and endorse the terms of reference for the OERu Council of CEOs. Future meetings: Frequency, Hosting, Office bearers etc. Including:
||10.15 (60 mins)|
|Refreshment break||11.15 (30 mins)|
|OERu operational decisions for 2013 / 2014.||
||11.45 (75 mins)|
|Opportunities and new business||Working lunch to explore opportunities the OERu network provides for members and new business models.||13.00 (60 mins)|