OERu 13.10 Sustainability proposal for action
|OERu 2013 Events
|OERu 13.10 Meeting of anchor partners
|Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report
Name of proposal
Planning for a fiscally sustainable and scalable OERu network
Aims of the activity (longer term)
- To increase diversity
- Increase membership
- For OER Foundation to support the OERu Network member institutions with research funding applications for the benefit of the partnership
Objectives of the activity (short term)
- Each partner to recruit one new partner
- 20 new partners by end of 2014
- Marketing playbook made available to partners including inter alia - Marketing elevator/ song sheet – marketing pitch, one pager for use in recruiting
- Video booth interviews with Senior leaders as to why they joined (testimonials) – for marketing pack
- Partner news per week on OERu activities – automated – short and sweet with links to longer versions
Narrative description of what you will do
- To increase membership each current partner is requested to approach a new partner.
- A marketing playbook will be provided to all partners to assist members to promote OERu.
- During current meeting – senior staff members will be requested to do interviews on why their institutions joined OERu (testimonial to be used for marketing purposes).
- Note - target for video booth interviews was not achieved. Wayne Mackintosh to approach senior executives after the meeting to record short interviews.
- With 30 partners each allocated a week to share their achievements in relation to OERu as a promotional or marketing tool. An organizer will be required to set up this process, allocate weeks and automate reminders.
What inputs are required?
Leadership/ human capital
Group decisions for this activity including who and when
- Marketing pack – Mark Michalisin – End November (need to recallobrate date)
- Marketing Organizer - ?- End November (need to recallobrate date)
- Video booth interviews/testimonials (why did you join) – Wayne Mackintosh - to follow up after meeting.
- Each partner to recruit a new partner by end of 2014 with quarterly updates – each partner to submit target partner (need info on who has been approached)