OERu 13.10 report
|OERu 2013 Events|
|OERu 13.10 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
PROPOSALS FOR ACHIEVING A FISCALLY SUSTAINABLE AND SCALABLE OERU NETWORK
- Partnerships, or Parallel courses
- Faculty collaboration across partner institutions-create onilne mechanisms / platforms
- Encourage ongoing / collaborative research
- Gathering evidence for continuous learning opportunities development through the collection of data : learning analytics. What is working and what is not?
LEVERAGING OPEN TEXBOOK INITIATIVES TO BUILD THE OERU PROGRAMME OF STUDY
- Examples from Washington State- availability open resources become ensconced in law
- Put a call out to those with various areas of specialization interested in collaboratively developing a textbook for their area. International participation of content experts (moving away from single institutional textbook development).
- COUP Framework is an example of institutional participation in developing Open Textbook. There is a study highlights the impact of open textbook on students' learning outcome and teachers' perceptions based on COUP framework :[]
OERu CURRICULUM PROPOSALS
- Add proposal bullets here
- Professional Development online program in web literacies (open ed best practices,digital literacies for teaching / learning, PLN formation, etc.) for educators-need this immediately for partner institutions
- Developmental Education (Student Success,English, ESL, Math, Science-Bio, Physics, Chem) ABE and Qualifying courses as free, open online access to post secondary ed (per Ministry of Advanced Ed BC)-reach those who can not come to a campus / also leverage those faculty within institutions who are already teaching online and / or in blended modes - design, development and delivery (see U of T Mooc Design Basics:)
- Open design models / best practices guidelines
- Take current OERu courses (being launched) and chunking them for 1 credit: scaffolding for learners. What would this look like?
- How can the current courses be Internationalized? (if they are not already) and what does Internationalizing a course mean?
- On timeline for OERu partner to complete 2 courses, they & OERu would need to know how much work they need to do in order to meet pedagagogical quality standards and deal with tech issues, like file formats etc.
- Does student feedback data on their course / program study needs exist already? Or can it be gathered via course evaluations or other means? A guide and/or calendar sounds like a good starting point.
LEADERSHIP AND IMPLEMENTATION PROPOSALS TO TAKE FORWARD TO THE OERu COUNCIL OF CEOS
- Following up on the idea of corps of professionals supporting OERU
- Where to begin?Developing a central place for conversations- the Wiki?
- Implement an Action Research project (or design based study) that enables stakeholders to implement, reflect and revise practices (i.e. Stakeholders: administrators, faculty/instructor course developers, IT, Instructional Designers, Librarians, feedback from learners etc)