OERu 13.10 Getting it done proposal for action
|OERu 2013 Events|
|OERu 13.10 Meeting of anchor partners||Homepage | Logistics | Agenda | Virtual participants | Face-to-face participants | Report|
Members: David Porter, Trish Donovan, Brian Lamb, David Bull, Sandra Wills, Irwin DeVries
- 0.2 FTE - more was spent on admin time at institutions
- Question – can institutions do this or do there need to be extra considerations
- NTAs can assist with organizational roles – can bring system perspectives
- Try to keep it simple
- Need clarity about who we are
NAME OF PROPOSAL
Getting it done
Aims of the activity (longer term)
- Establish institutional collaboration roles beyond .2 FTE commitments
- Meeting the OERu needs as a network beyond indidivual course contributions
- Obtain core set of operating principles
- Get the project done
Objectives of the activity (short term)
- Institutions to take lead responsibility for
- Quality issues
- Credit transfer and articulation, credit banking
- Marketing and recruitment – communication – search engine optimization, etc.
- Curriculum and program design—e.g. micro courses – degree pathways, supporting internationalization – could focus towards arts, vocational, etc.
- Collaborative open design
- Meta design level – good practices across the OERu
- Open resources
- Technology side – work with NTAs
- Learner support e.g. AVI, student success
- Business model
- OERu ambassadors – people directly involved become Ambassadors
- Meeting next year?
- (Can get volunteers outside of OERu network)
Narrative description of what you will do
Formalize commitments – timelines and what we’re all putting in
What inputs are required?
- Tangible commitments from institutions
- Timeframes and plans - implementation
- Internal institutional advocates etc.
- Letters of commitment signed by CEs) – expression of support
- More commitment for new members
- Foundation startup funding – esp due to global nature