OERu/OERu 13.09 SCOPE Seminar themes
- OERu Differentiation features: Wed 18 and Thu 19 September 2013
- What is the OERu point of difference and does it need one?
- What differentiates the OERu collaboration from xMOOCs?
- What has contributed to the uptake and global interest in the cMOOCs and xMOOCs?
- What does this mean for OERu?
- OERu operations and lessons we are learning: Fri 20 and Mon 22 September 2013
- What are the institutional capacity development requirements for OERu operations? How do we address these?
- What are the lessons we are learning from prototyping?
- What technologies will bring us closer to achieving our goals and how do we implement them?
- What are the business models for scalable and sustainable operations?
- Micro-credentials: Tue 24 and Wed 25 September 2013
- What are micro-credentials in the OERu context?
- What are the barriers and opportunities for implementing micro-credentials for the OERu?
- What will they look like and how will they work?
- Textbook Zero: Thu 26 and Fri 27 September 2013
- How do we align OERu programme development with open textbook initiatives?
- Are there any open textbook projects could adopt for OERu course development?
- Quality issues for the OERu: Mon 30 September 2013
- How should the OERu partners promote and ensure quality?
- What are the issues associated with an institution with questionable quality standards joining the OERTen (eg degree mill operator)?
- How do quality perceptions of the OERu model impact on standing with regional qualification authorities around the world?
- Design based research: Tue 1 and Wed 2 October 2013
- What can we learn from design based approaches for implementing the OERu?