Case study PLENK
< OERu | eduMOOC planning group(Redirected from OER university/eduMOOC planning group/Case study PLENK)
|Project navigation||Home page | Members | Getting started | Group activities | Webliography | Aha! discoveries|
|Quicklinks||Study group objectives | MOOC case studies | Draft survey | Draft Lurker survey|
Questions we should try answer in this case study
- In what ways is the pedagogy of this course similar or different to other MOOCs?
Provide a brief overview of the course including:
- intended student audience
- Duration of the course in terms of student learning hours
- demographic information eg number of learners etc
- Whether a credit option was available (if so provide level and details of the course credit.)
Pedagogical model and tools
Describe the teaching approach and technology tools used for the course. Included details of the assessment strategy if applicable.
Provide a summary of the main stats including registrations, activity levels and engagement with different tools and technologies, etc.
Discuss strengths, weaknesses and lessons learned. Where possible reference relevant student reflections and experiences.
Recommendations for the OERu
Provide recommendations for the design of the pedagogical model.
Provide links to relevant online resources and any research reports relating to the course.
- Who is to say what is active. Blog post by Welsh Cloggy (Rita Kop) providing data and reflections on participation rates in PLENK2010.
- The challenges to connectivist learning on open online networks: Learning experiences during a massive open online course - Paper by Rita Kop
- The Mooc Buffet Reflections on Plenk and an interesting analogy to attending a party where you don't know anyone by Carmen Tschofen