AST1000 prototype for design of AVI
< OERu | Planning(Redirected from OER university/Planning/AST1000 prototype for design of AVI)
|OERu planning portal on logic model initiatives|
|Designing Academic Volunteers International||OERu 2011.11 meeting outputs | User stories | AST1000 prototype for design of AVI | AVI Framework proposal|
Suggestions for organising AVIs
General ideas and thoughts about bootstrapping and organising AVI
- Generate a list of tasks and activities where AVIs can contribute, with estimates of anticipated time contribution and support resources needed. --Mackiwg 03:21, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
- Once we have a list of tasks, contact the individuals who have previously expressed interest to assist with AVI work. --Mackiwg 03:30, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
What AVI activities and associated tasks are worth testing during the AST1000 prototype?
- AVI support for Ask OERu where learners will post questions relating to AST1000 and general OERu support questions, for example, the use of microblogs in OERu courses. Tasks would include answering questions, monitoring spam, adding appropriate tags, voting on answers etc. --Mackiwg 03:15, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
- Set up of FAQs forum and FAQs database. Initially some AVIs could be assigned the responsibility to move the questions from the forum to the FAQs database but that concept can also evolve with time - unless we develop the database in a way that learners can add Qs that they can't find in it and post to the FAQs forum the link to that question so someone can answer it. Answers may need to be reviewed / moderated if submitted by a learner by an AVI before published officially.--Vasi Doncheva 21:58, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- To clarify -- these moderation functions are subsumed in Ask OERu. We would not need to replicate a parallel system or database. --Mackiwg 22:04, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- My preferred option too is to set up a FAQs forum in the Ask OERu rather than a separate database.--Vasi Doncheva 22:44, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Start populating the FAQs forum with Q&As about how to navigate and use the Ask OERu space, communication channels and netiquette, and other general support questions.--Vasi Doncheva 22:44, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Set up and direct OER learners to a common space (forum) to create, communicate ideas, discuss concepts, reflect on learning to foster and support social interactions as well as peer to peer support and learning in task completion and knowledge construction.--Vasi Doncheva 21:45, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- Add your ideas here.
What achievable outputs can we realistically achieve for AVI activities during the AST1000 prototype?
- Engage the OERu learners in the planning of AVI roles and refinement of the framework.--Vasi Doncheva 22:08, 7 October 2012 (UTC)
- Identify and develop most of the resources the OER learners need to be able to engage in the learning process successfully (digital literacy, use of technology, planing their learning journey, accessing support from peers and AVIs, applying for assessment and credentialing services, etc.)--Vasi Doncheva 21:23, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent suggestion. Already we will be able to generate a list of support resources needed by looking at our prototypes under development. For example how to create a blog, harvest feeds in a reader, managing and storing portfolios in the open web etc. I'm sure there are others I've missed - but a good example of how the OER model can foster reuse of key resources across OERu courses. --Mackiwg 21:37, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
- Add your ideas here.