In this unit we define the field of psychology, position it as a scientific discipline, explore its history, and describe perspectives within the field.
This unit should take you about 12 hours to complete.
|By the end of this unit, you should be able to:
- Define psychology
- Explain the scientific approach to studying psychology
- Outline the history of psychology
- Compare and contrast perspectives within psychology
- Create a WikiEducator account for yourself by selecting the 'Log in / create account' link on the top right of the page
- Login and introduce yourself to the class
- Post a few sentences about why you want to study psychology
- Begin a journal for yourself (buy a notebook and use it to record your thoughts and ideas for this course, or create an e-journal). Copy into your journal your sentences about why you want to study psychology.