To be a dynamic open and distance education system which complements the existing education system.
To develop and deliver a dynamic and flexible distance learning system of education that provides a diverse range of programmes/courses to nationals of Trinidad and Tobago and beyond.
Objectives of the Programme
The objectives of the Programme are:
NOSTT will forge linkages and partnerships behond government to private and civil society, NGO's, commercial interests and the international community.
These include but are not limited to:
- Commonwealth of Learning(COL)
- The University of Trinidad and Tobago(UTT)
- The University of the West Indies Distance Education Centre(UWIDEC)
- The Ministry of Science Technology and Tertiary Education (MSTTE), Trinidad and Tobago
- The Ministry of Public Administration and Information (MPAI), Trinidad and Tobago
- National Association of Library and Information Services (NALIS), Trinidad and Tobago
- Open School of British Columbia (OSBC)
- Namibian College of Open Learning (NAMCOL)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS), India
- Telecom providers
- Embassies & High Commissions