More about me
User:Gita Mathur/More about me From WikiEducator < User:Gita Mathur Jump to: navigation, search
Gita Mathur the Botanist and Educator
My Resume for F2F
- 1 Name
- 2 Residence:
- 3 E-mail Address
- 4 Designation Official Address:
- 4.1 Teaching
- 4.2 Research
- 5 Academic Qualifications
- 6 Field of Specialization
- 6.1 Research:
- 6.2 Teaching:
- 7 Post Doctoral Research
- 8 Publications
- 9 Awards and Scholarships
- 10 Visit to St. Louis, USA
- 11 Summary of work experience / career history'and Details of facilitation and/or teaching experience
- 12 Evidence of Mediawiki editing skills
- 13 Why am I submitting an expression of interest for the L4C initiative
- 14 Letter from Principal, Gargi College'
Dr. (Mrs.) Gita Mathur
New Delhi, INDIA 3 E-mail Address
4 Designation Official Address:
Reader in Botany Department of Botany Gargi College (University of Delhi) Siri Fort Road, New Delhi – 110 049
Principal Investigator Botany Research Laboratory Department of Botany Gargi College (University of Delhi) Siri Fort Road, New Delhi – 110 049
5 Academic Qualifications
B.Sc. Hons. – Botany 1974 University of Delhi M.Sc. – Botany 1976 University of Delhi Ph.D. – Botany 1983 University of Delhi
Post-Doctoral Research 1996 onwards at Botany Research lab, Developed by me at Gargi College.
- M.Sc. – 1976 Physio-Chemical Studies on Phenolic Constituents of Seeds of Antigonon leptopus
- Ph.D. – 1983; Flower Colour Changes and Pollination in Lantana camara
6 Field of Specialization
Anthecology and Plant Reproductive Biology
- Ecology and Environmental Management-I guide student's Ecology research projects(25 to 35) every year
- Economic Botany
- Plant Physiology
- Tissue Culture Techniques
7 Post Doctoral Research
- Reproductive Biology of Eggplant – Solanum melongena as a research project awarded by Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, since 1996.
- Studies on Effect of Environmental Changes on Selected Herbaceous Plants of Delhi, as a research project awarded by University Grants Commission, Government of India, since 2001.
24 technical papers and popular articles in National and International journals and Conferences
9 Awards and Scholarships
- Merit Scholarship awarded by Centre of Advanced Studies in Botany, DU, For 2 years during M.Sc.
- Junior Research Fellowship, UGC, 1977-1979.
- Senior Research Fellowship, UGC, 1979-1981
- UNESCO Special award for Environmental Education, 1992
- Major Research project awarded by DST, 1996.
- Minor Research project awarded by UGC, 2001.
- Woman of the Year 2001 Award by the American biographical Institute, North Carolina, USA
10 Visit to St. Louis, USA
Participated in the International Botanical Congress & presented a technical paper in 1998 based on the work done in research lab in Gargi College.
11 Summary of work experience / career history and Details of facilitation and/or teaching experience
- I have been teaching Botany in Gargi college since 1984
- In 1996 I developed a research lab and have been doing research in addition to teaching since 1996.
- I have been a Fellow to the Centre of Science Education and Communication since 1991.
- I an engaged in developing Experimental kits for Science Teaching in schools. This is in collaboration with NCERT(see my user page)
- I have organised numerous workshops and symposia, and have participated in many.
12 Evidence of Mediawiki editing skills
- I am a WikiBuddy(see my user page.
- I have participated in two L4C workshops
F2F workshop at ANDC in New Delhi. Oct.3 to 5, 2008 eL4C15 workshop Nov.24 to Dec. 5, 2008
Actively participated in the Live Session of the eL4C15.
I have done both these workshops to understand both the modes of L4C and to develop and polish my WikiEducator Skills.
* My page has been selected for the UPE Award for December 2008.
13 Why am I submitting an expression of interest for the L4C initiative
I am submitting an expression of interest for the L4C initiative because:
I want to organize a workshop for Lecturers and Readers from different disciplines taught at Gargi College. I have been discussing about WikiEducator with Lecturers and Readers who teach subjects ranging from languages like English, Hindi and Sanskrit; Commerce subjects; Arts subjects like History, Economics, Political Science, Philosophy, Psychology to Science subjects like Botany, Zoology, Physics, Chemistry and Microbiology.
They have shown a lot of enthusiasm about the concept and are interested in joining this endeavour. A workshop involving such expert academicians will add to the number of Wiki Educators ultimately resulting in more meaningful content pages. Apart from this, involving people from such diverse fields will help us in propagating and spreading the WikiEducator concept on a large scale. many subject experts will add WikiEducators who will be able to add well informed content pages. I will be able to encourage them to be ambassadors for spreading WikiEducator concept to their friends in other colleges too.
My 25+ years of teaching at Gargi College has given me a platform to be an Educator for the teachers of the college.
I have organized many successful workshops in Gargi College and University of Delhi.
I feel that I will be able to build-up a strong WikiEducator Node in Gargi College which will continue to motivate more educators.
I would like to hold this Three days workshop named "WikiEducator-Gargi 2009" F2F L4C, for 15 to 20 participants, all Lecturers and Readers, on January 12, 13 and 15, 2009, in Gargi College.
This is the time when House-Exams will be going on and the Computer Labs will be free to hold the workshop. Rest of the time, regular computer practical classes are held in these labs.
I have already discussed with the Principal of the College and have got her approval for conducting the workshop and making available facilities of computer labs and an Audio-visuals Seminar room for the three days (Her signed document, as required, will soon be uploaded here.)
I have appointed a Reader in Chemistry who uses the computer labs as the coordinator with me for the workshop.
An organizing committee with three members has also been finalized for the workshop.
I have discussed with probable guest speakers also.
I have designed the Poster and the circular for the workshop and now will wait for COL approval.
14 Letter from Principal, Gargi College
pdf file is attached here File:Workshop Gargi Principal.pdf