Medication Reconciliation Strategies/Target Population
The primary population will be the designated medication reconciliation pharmacist who are hired mainly to conduct a comprehensive medication review on all the patients who undergo admission, within facility transfer or discharge. Physicians and registered nurses will also receive appropriate version of the information to increase awareness and have a better understanding of the process.
- Identified group are considered adult learners who:
- emphasis for learning revolves around differentiation of life tasks and social roles
- prime motivator is to be able to apply knowledge and skills to resolve a problem
- are independent, self-directed human beings
- uses previous experiences to relate to new learning task
- are subject and problem-centered