|Skill Development 9 (#Temporarytag)|
|Solving_Equations_with_Variables_on_Both_Sides - Graphic|
|Solving_Equations_with_Variables_on_Both_Sides||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Learners should be able to manipulate variables, coefficients and constants.
1. Read the information and examples of Equations with the variable on both sides.
2. Create your own equation with the variable on both sides and solve it.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
Place the answers to these questions in your journal.
1. What is your first step when solving an equation that has the variable on both sides?
2. If you have 4x on one side of the equation and 3x on the other side, which term would you add or subtract from both sides? Why this choice of next moves?
3. What kind of situation would lead to creating an initial equation with variables on both sides?
Complete the assignments in the Khan Academy: Equations with Variables on Both Sides