|Skill Development 11 (#Temporarytag)|
|Solving_Equations_with_Fractions - Graphic|
|Solving_Equations_with_Fractions||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Prerequisites: Learners need to be able to solve linear equations with whole number coefficients.
Least Common Multiple: the smallest number that is a multiple of both numbers.
1. Read the information and examples of solving equations with fractions.
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
1. What is the LCM (Least Common Multiple) of 5 and 4?
2. How would you enter a fractional equation into Excel?
3. Make up an equation that uses fractions and then solve it.
Complete the following exercises in the Khan Academy: Multistep Equations.