|Skill Development 10 (#Temporarytag)|
|Solving_Equations_That_Must_Be_Simplified - Graphic|
|Solving_Equations_That_Must_Be_Simplified||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Learners should be able to manipulate variables, coefficients and constants.
1. Read the information and examples of equations that need multiple steps in simplification before solving.
2. Create your own equation that needs multiple steps for solution and then solve it.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
1. What is your first step when solving an equation that has terms and constants that need combiing?
2. Why do you want to combine all like terms using addition and subtraction before moving to multiplication and division?
3. What strategies work to make sure you haven’t made any errors in your simplification?
Complete the Khan Academy exercise for this topic: Solving Equations in Terms of a Variable