|Skill Development 1 (#Temporarytag)|
|Introduction_to_Exponents - Graphic|
|Introduction_to_Exponents||Objectives and success criteria | Audio signpost | Study Plan | Validation and Assessment|
Plan and/or Tasks:
Learners should be able to work with multiplication with numbers and variables.
Exponent: Exponents tell us how many times a number or variable is multiplied by itself.
1. Read the information and examples for introduction to exponents.
2. Using the first example, redo it on another piece of paper without looking at the answer. Then, check your work.
Key Questions (Critical Thinking Questions)
1. Why does one use exponents?
2. Are 41 and 4 the same thing?.
3. What does an exponent of 0 mean?
4. If you didn’t have a word processor with a superscript format of text, how would you show an exponent using your computer?
Go to the Khan Academy exercises on Simplifying Expressions with Exponents.