Math 052 Right Triangle
Trigonometry is an application of ratio and proportion, geometry, algebra and measurement. Though it is usually considered an advanced math topic, it is applied in various levels of trades and technology.
When you have completed this Module, you should be able to:
- name the parts of a right triangle
- find the missing side of a right triangle using the Pythagorean Theorem
- find the measure of an unknown side or angle of a right triangle using sine, cosine or tangent ratios
- solve problems using right angle trigonometry
You will be required to complete mathematics labs and a written Post Test relating to this Module. You will require the following equipment:
- scientific calculator
- althought not essential, a ruler and a protractor may also be helpful
Follow the instructions below:
- Read each of the units in order and complete all of the exercises. If you need assistance, contact your instructor.
- Complete the Practice Test and check your answers.
- Study the terminology in the Glossary to become familiar with the definitions.