This glossary is far from complete. We are constantly adding math terms.
For instructions on adding new terms, please refer to Math Glossary Main Page
- A chart that uses either horizontal or vertical bars to show comparisons among categories. One axis of the chart shows the specific categories being compared, and the other axis represents a discrete value.
- Used to visualize the distribution of categorical data.
- Also called bar chart.
Tips for creating bar graphs:
- Use a horizontal bar graph rather than a vertical one when:
- the category labels are too long to fit neatly on the x-axis.
- there are more than 10 categories, because there is more room to label the categories.