Use of Common Horticulture Safety Equipment
Please do not delete or edit this example. Use only for copy and pasting of code.
The following activity will help you learn how to identify safety equipment.
- Scenario: You've started work for a gardening contractor and they have asked you to go out and purchase appropriate safety equipment for the type of work you are doing, which includes hedge trimming and mowing.
- Use this slide presentation quiz as a guide and get ya buns down to a protective safety store and find out what approved equipment you need for your work.
- Write up a recommendation for your boss on what should be purchased. Include prices and reasoning for your recommendations and send your final work to your learning facilitator by post, email or on your blog.
- http://www.safeguard.co.nz/listings/protector_safety.pdf - At Otago Polytechnic we buy safety equipment for our horticulture students from Dunedin Protector Safety.
- http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/ytqb/smith-saw-mower/ - Sometimes you do need a professional. If you are based in Dunedin try Smith Saw & Mower.
- http://www.slideshare.net/hortykim/horticulture-safety-equipment - Quiz within a slide presentation about horticulture safety equipment