Love thy "EARTH"
- circumference: 24,901.5 miles
- diameter: Nearly 8,000 miles
- surface area: 196,935,000 sq miles
- percent of earth's ocean approximately 70% *
- percent of earth's land: approximately 30%
- highest point:Mt Everest 29, 028 above sea level
- lowest point: Dead Sea 1,302 below sea level
- of the 70 percent of water; 97 percent is salt water, 3 percent is fresh water
- Earth is referred to as the BLUE PLANET.
WHY? Because from space, the oceans combined with our atmosphere make our planet look blue.
- Earth is estimated to be 3-5 Billion Years old.
- Earth is estimated to weigh 6,585,600,000,000,000,000,000 tons.
- The area of the earth is almost 200 million square miles.
- Earth travels through space at 66,700 miles per hour
- Earth's oceans are an average of 2 Miles deep.
- Earth's rotation on its axis makes a day at 24 hours...
- Earth's orbit around the sun makes a year at nearly 365 and 1/2 days
- Only 11 percent of the earth's surface is used to grow food.
- Breeze carries about 100 Million tons of sand particles around the earth yearly.
HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY....
Mother's day... second Sunday of may.... We make it a point to wish our mother's who have given us birth BUT do we ever remember to wish the mother who has actually given us life???? Who is still taking our care???
yes.... our MOTHER EARTH
Utilizing all the resources she has in store for us and celebrating Earth Day... is our job done???? Do we leave our mothers once we grow up-- NO-- then how can we do this to our mother earth??? She loves us and so do we.. so... lets make it a point to take CARE of her..!!!
Salute her !!! LOVE YOU MAMA...!!
- Mother earth.jpg
- Mother earth 4.jpg