After completing this section, you should be able to:
- Develop a diet taking into consideration the basic tenets of good nutrition and nutritional considerations for different groups such as gender, age, state of health, pregnancy, vegetarian
- Distinguish between healthy and unhealthy food based on the way in which food is prepared;
- Identify the benefits of healthy eating as it relates to wellness versus ill-health and lifestyle diseases;
- Analyse the influence of socio-cultural and economic factors, religion, personal beliefs, and choices related to eating;
- Identify appropriate sources of information for products, services and costs related to eating well;
- Identify the role of Vitamins, Supplements and Trace Elements in treating with nutritional deficiencies in the diet.