This sub-unit addresses ways to.....
technology has reduced the inclination and opprtunity for physical fitness among young people. However, the learners must be encouraged to partake in physical activity to reduce the risk of lifestyle diseases and a number of other disorders that may endanger one's health.
|After completing this section, you should be able to:
- Identify the benefits of being physically fit as it relates to healthy lifestyles
- Identify the spin-off benefits of engaging in physical activities such as socializing, meditating, relaxing, bonding, and spiritual focussing
- Identify factors which contribute to physical fitness
- Distinguish between different forms of exercise and sporting activities such as high-impact, low-impact, cardiovascular, aerobic and their various effects upon the human body
- Assess one’s state of fitness benchmarked against accepted conventional measures for one’s age, gender, height and general state of health
- Set personal fitness goals and develop an action plan to achieve these goals, taking into consideration hereditary and genetic diseases as well as one’s general state of health
- Identify appropriate sources of information for products, services and costs related to fitness
This subunit consists of the following broad areas: