Learning in a digital age/LiDA104/Assessment/Options
Critical media literacies and associated digital skills (LiDA104) is one of four micro-courses that make up the OERu's Learning in a digital age course. The four micro courses are:
|Course description||Micro-course learning materials||EduBit links|
|LiDA101||Digital literacies for online learning||EduBit micro-credential|
|LiDA102||Digital citizenship||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA103||Open education, copyright and open licensing in a digital world||Edubit micro-credential|
|LiDA104||Critical media literacies and associated digital skills||Edubit micro-credential|
Credential and qualification options (Assessment fee applies)
Successful completion of the assessment for Critical media literacies and associated digital skills (LiDA104) provides pathways for the following credentials:
|Type||Exit award||OERu partner|
|Micro-credential for LiDA104||EduBit||Otago Polytechnic|
|Academic transfer credit
|Certificate Higher Education Business||University of the Highlands and Islands|
|Certificate in First Year Foundations||Thomas Edison State University|
The Certificate of Higher Education Business (OERu) and the Certificate in First Year Foundations are exit qualifications at the first year, undergraduate degree-level. These certificates provide pathways to transfer into a Bachelor's degree.
- Certificate of Higher Education Business (OERu): Learners are required to successfully complete the assessments for each of the four associated micro-certifications to qualify for transfer credit for the Learning in a digital age course.
- Certificate in First Year Foundations: Learners must first complete three micro-courses, and take the TECEP® exam (single assessment) to qualify for academic credit for the Living in the Information Age course.
- Academic transfer credit: The process where the assessing institution issues a transcript, an official document which provides details of the courses you have passed and associated academic credits. The transcript is used to provide evidence of the courses you have passed to be recognised (transferred) towards a qualification at the institution awarding the qualification.
- Academic credit: The credits awarded by the assessing institution towards a qualification conferred by the assessing institution.
Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)
Summary of EduBits option from Otago Polytechnic
Details are provided below.
Steps to achieve the EduBit (micro-credential) for LiDA104
- Work through the course materials
- Complete the assessment tasks to the required standard specified in the assessment rubrics
- Sign up for an account on the EduBits website, locate the EduBit for Critical media literacies and associated digital skills and click the "Add to my account" button.
- Follow the instructions on the EduBits website to upload your assessment files for each of the EduBits tasks.
- Mark each of the assessment tasks as "complete" when you are ready to submit.
- Click on the "Evaluate my evidence" button.
- Pay the assessment fee by credit card.
- If successful, you will receive your assessment result by email and you can follow instructions to collect and publish your micro-credential online.
Steps to get transcript credit for Learning in a digital age
- Successfully complete the four EduBits for Learning in a digital age.
- Apply to Otago Polytechnic for transcript credit (Link to be provided soon.)
- Pay the transcript administration fee.
Steps to earn the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu)
- Complete all the required courses for the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).
- Gather transcripts for transfer credit from the OERu assessing partners (you only need to apply for one transcript for all the courses you completed at the respective OERu assessing institution).
- Apply for the qualification at the University of the Highlands and Islands to become a credential candidate.
- Once all the requirements have been met, including a review of the transcripts from the approved OERu assessing partners, you will graduate with the Certificate Higher Education Business (OERu).
Undergraduate Certificate in First Year Foundations