Lesson 1: Using and Organizing Information (Topic: Evaluating websites)
< Learning4Content | Workshops | Face-to-Face schedule/L4C49 | Workshop 3 - April 14 - 16, 2009 (School Librarians) | Library
Evaluate information critically for bias, currency, accuracy, authority, and relevance.
- Use two fake/spoof websites and discuss the contents with the students to get their opinions on whether the information on each website is accurate.
Strategies/Questions to Guide Learning:
- Questions to consider when looking at Bias:
- Who wrote the information posted on the website? Was it a person/an organization?
- What are the credentials of the author?
- Students will recognize the importance of assessing and critically evaluating the information that is found on websites