Learning4Content/Workshops/Face-to-Face schedule/L4C49/Workshop 3 - April 14 - 16, 2009 (School Librarians)/Library/Joanne Jarvis-Patrick (Group 2)
Lesson plan was prepared by: Mrs. Joanne Jaris-Patrick Librarian II, St.Augustine Secondary School, Cnr. Gordon and Warren Streets, St.Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Using The Card or Computer Catalogue
- To help students become aware of the card or computer catalogue as research tools.
- To make students aware of the tremendous amount of important information that can be found on the card or computer catalogue.
- To help students understand the role of the card or computer catalogue.
- Narrowing or Broadening Search Terms.
- Guide Words.
- Boolean Strategies.
- Verbal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Visual Skills
- Logical Thinking Skills
- Information Solving Skills
- English Language
- English Literature
- Information Technology
Strategies And Questions to Guide Learning
- Why do students need to know about the card and computer catalogue?
- What are the different types of searches using the card or computer catalogue?
- How do students locate information from the respective catalogues?
- Video Cassette
- Multi Media Projector
- Computer Presentation Format
- Library Media Centre
- Audio Visual Room
Students are put into groups of six. Each group is given authors/titles/ or call numbers of books to find.
Verbal Quiz on cataloguing. Activity Sheet.