Learning4Content/Workshops/Face-to-Face schedule/L4C49/Workshop 3 - April 14 - 16, 2009 (School Librarians)/Library/Group 1
- 1 LESSON PLAN
- 1.1 Strand
- 1.2 Content/ Topic
- 1.3 Class
- 1.4 Outcome(S) Addressed/ Specific Objectives
- 1.5 Date
- 1.6 Intelligences Addressed
- 1.7 Prior Knowledge
- 1.8 Set Induction
- 1.9 Strategies/ Questions to Guide Learning
- 1.10 Description of Activity/ Instructional Activities/ Methodology
- 1.11 Instructional Focus/ Content Sequenced
- 1.12 Resources Needed
- 1.13 Closure/ Summary
- 1.14 Assessment
- 1.15 Integration With
The Nature and Value of Information.
The Nature of Information.
Outcome(S) Addressed/ Specific Objectives
The Student Will Recognise the Role of Technology in the Information Age.
Logical, Visual, Linguistic.
Basic Idea of Information/ Data/ Copyright laws.
- Show cartoon/PowerPoint presentation on information.
- Play game by whispering a message through each student’s ear versus forwarding an e-mail (or everyone reading the same blog).
Strategies/ Questions to Guide Learning
- What is Information?
- How valuable is Information?
- How can Information affect one’s life?
- What are the different ways of transmitting Information?
- What are some restrictions when sharing Information?
- What are some risks involved in sharing and receiving Information via the Internet?
Description of Activity/ Instructional Activities/ Methodology
- Collaborate with History teacher to present the different ways of communicating Information before computers were invented.
- Collaborate with Computer teacher to do presentation on benefits and dangers of information through the internet.
- Collaborate with Drama Teacher to dramatize a scenario of a student waking up one morning to discover that computers worldwide has disappeared and how he/ she attempts to finish their outstanding school projects.
Instructional Focus/ Content Sequenced
To understand and appreciate the role of Technology in the Information Age.
Book, Radio, Television, Newspaper, Computer, Telephone/ Cell phone, Projector.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Technology in the Information Age.
- Activity Sheet.
- Typed Summary of the Role of Technology in the Information Age.
- History, Visual and Performing Arts, Technology Education.
- Follow up/ Continuation Activities:
- Posters and Pamphlets to made available of:
- Dangers of using the Internet as a reliable source of Information
- Different Citation Styles
- Copyright Laws (Trinidad and Tobago and International)