Learning4Content/Workshops/Face-to-Face schedule/L4C49/Workshop 3 - April 14 - 16, 2009 (School Librarians)/Library/Allison Daniel-Fraser (Group 3)
- 1 LIBRARY & INFORMATION LITERACY CURRICULUM LESSON PLAN
- 2 Preknowledge
- 3 Media
- 4 Assessment
- 5 Summary
LIBRARY & INFORMATION LITERACY CURRICULUM LESSON PLAN
Role and Function of Libraries
Function of Different Types of Libraries
- Still Photographs, Power Point, or a Video Presentation showing various types of libraries
- Ask questions on the types of libraries seen in the presentation
- Ask about the type of patrons/clients seen in the presentation
- Discuss the differences and similarities of the various categories of libraries
Strategies/Questions to Guide Learning
- What type of library is this?
- What type of information does it contain:
- is it general or specific?
- Who does this library provide information for:
- is it members of the public,
- is it a professional body,
- is it private organisation or group?
- What are its opening hours:
- do you have to be a particular place for the information to be accessed or can it be accessed anytime/anyplace?
Instructional Focus/Content Sequenced
To understand and appreciate the role of libraries in different enviornments e.g. - Public Library, Commercial Organisations or Private Institutions - and the benefits of using libraries as a basic utility to sourcing information in its various forms.
Technology Education Curriculum Forms 1-3