| 8:30-9:00 a.m.
| 9:00-9:15 a.m.
|| Introductions, expectations, workshop objectives
| 9:15-9:25 a.m.
|| Introduction to Web 2.0 technologies
- Web 2.0 technologies explained
- Categories of Web 2.0 technologies
- Implications for teaching and learning
| 9:25-9:45 a.m.
|| Introducing wikis and their use in education and libraries
About WikiEducator and Open Education Resources
- An overview of wikis
- Examples of their various uses (in schools, libraries and with Information Literacy)
- Advantages and disadvantages of using wikis
- The WikiEducator community
- The values of WikiEducator's community
- Types of content and projects on wikieducator
| 9:45-10:00 a.m.
||Description of the LILC Curriculum
- Project purpose, objectives, deliverables, timeline
- The need for collaboration
| 10:00 - 10:15 a.m.
|| Copyright and Open Content
- Issues of copyright and plagiarism in the development of open content
- The concept of free content
- Requirements of the free content definition
- 4 Common Creative Commons Licenses
| 10:15-10:30 a.m.
|| Mini Lesson 1: How to register and create an account in wikieducator
- The benefits of acquiring a user account
- Registering and creating an account
| 10:30-11:00 a.m.
| 11:00-11:30 a.m.
|| Mini Lessons 2 & 3: Editing and basic text formatting
- The wikieducator’s publishing mode and editing mode differentiated
- Editing your User Page which is automatically created when an account is created
- Differentiating between “Saving Page” and “Previewing Page”
- Creating a “sandbox” area – a personal practice area in your User Page
- Using Wiki Syntax and the editor toolbar for formatting text
- Bolding text, italicising text and adding heading, subheadings and indents
- Adding bulleted and numbered lists
- Refining and structuring your user page using the skills learned above
| 11:00-12:30 p.m.
|| Mini lesson 4: Creating new pages and internal and external links
- Overview of the structure of a wiki
- How to create new pages
- How to create internal and external links
- Piped links
- The difference between red and blue internal page links
- Refining your User Page to include the skills learned above
| 12:30-1:30 p.m.
| 1:30-2:30 p.m.
|| Mini Lesson 5: Uploading images, files and multimedia content in wikieducator
- The syntax for adding images
- Supported file types that can be uploaded into Wikieducator
- Image formatting (framed, thumbs, captions, etc.)
- Finding images online
- Uploading images into your User Page
| 2:30-3:00 p.m.
|| Revising User Pages
Closure for Day 1