Learner Centred Learning/Learning Outcomes
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- recognise, value and utilise students’ cultural orientation, prior learning and learning styles by providing a diverse range of opportunities to encourage deep learning;
- adopt sound pedagogical practices that reflect a comprehensive understanding of adult learning approaches needed to engage learners and maintain this engagement, e.g. action learning, project based learning, self directed learning (e.g. individual or group learning contract), scenario based learning;
- integrate theoretical knowledge into learning and teaching practices;
- transfer adult learning and teaching principles into a specific subject/work context, e.g. workshop, art studio and hospital, by creating and critiquing a learning sequence covering a specific topic;
- utilise a range of electronic communication methods including a Learning Management System for learning and teaching purposes.