Facilitation Pro Training
- Customisation - look and feel
- Naming Conventions
- Conference Screen - Intersol vs. User ID
- have a place on the server where we can put documents
Tips & Tricks
- enter Topic info as a Question?
- always use the links on the application to move back and forth, not the refresh button on your browser
- number the topics with 10, 20, 30, to allow for reordering, etc.
- change the Topic Mode to be the Group Chat Mode
- Click on the Enter Box, and then that makes NO Link - i.e., creating inactive links
- sneak way in: on the Facilitator's screen is to click on the flipchart... you can get in... (and change the topic mode as Group Chat (you can then see the group chatty icon - for orientation of the Facilitator)
- Pencil - Editing
- Flipchart - Working on the Flipchart
- Creating the Question / Opportunity for Reprhasing
- Before we let our participants loose on the Question - ask it, answer it before the participants do (leave at least one (1) good answer in the question:
- You may rephrase the question - Caveat: don't lead the participants down one path, because you're guiding...
- test the question
- modelling the answer - type of info you need, and the detail you require
- An Agenda Topic = Flipchart
- ALWAYS PRESS "SAVE & REFRESH" -
- the flipchart will update when you add an idea; add a comment or "save and refresh"
(default is the way the participants see it)
- Facilitator Settings - allow you to move into 'Facilitator Mode'
- Brainstorm QuickCat, then Press 'Save and Enter' to change the Mode.
- Facilitate Pro - Default Settings - Page 59
- decide in ADVANCE how you want to Vote
- Select the Method of Voting
- Custom - Express 100 Point Sliding Scale
- as an organization - Intersol - could create some profiles, and make them available to everyone in Facilitate Express
- then click on distribute ballots button
(screenshot by screenshot in books pp. 41 and 42 - ONCE YOU HAVE DISTRIBUTED THE BALLOTS, LOOK FOR 'SUCCESS'
- MAKE SURE THE TOPIC IS CHANGED - FROM BRAINSTORM TO VOTE IN MINI CONTROL PANE.
- when ready, click "Save and Enter"
- do you want to keep the marked up ballots - most time, you will want you to consciously delete.
- AN EXCEPTION: PRE-TEST QUESTIONS - you may want to save pre-test questions.... and responses (votes)
- (: As a Facilitator, Do Not Press Save & Submit -- instead CHANGE THE MODE (usually, the results graph mode)
- Click Tabulate Data - in most cases
- add descriptions of Purpose, Objectives, etc. as links