Integrating office applications/Assessment overview/Brief
Cottage Industries Ltd has sales data they wish to send out to retail outlets in a letter created in Microsoft Word. The letter has been created as a Word document and the sales data has been entered and graphed in an Excel spreadsheet.
As well as the mailmerge letter, you are also required to create mailing labels containing the contact information for placement on envelopes.
Contact information for each retail outlet is also available: you are required to enter this information in to an Access Database to be used as the data source for your mailmerge.
The files you will need:
- and save the Cottage Industries Letter (Word document file). This is the document you will use as the basis for your project.
- and save the Retail Sales Figures (Excel spreadsheet file). This provides the data table and chart that will need to be integrated into the letter.
- and save the 2791 Outlet Contacts (Access database file). This file will provide the contact information to be merged with the letter and for creating mailing labels.
- Create a word processing document for creating mailing labels from the 2791 Outlet Contacts database.
Create the merge documents:
- Edit the letter so it includes your name as production manager, replacing Moana Ching
- Embed the data table and the chart from the Retail Sales Figures spreadsheet into the letter in the appropriate places
- Create the mailmerge from the Contact database and print the mailmerged letters
- Create the mailmerge from the Contact database and print the mailmerged labels
You will submit printouts of:
- All six merged letters
- The sheet of mailing labels.
- The letter document with merge fields displayed (ie not merged)
- The labels document with merge fields displayed (ie not merged)
Note: printouts may be hardcopy (on paper) or as PDF files.
Return to Assessment overview