Iced Tea in Crete 2012:Disorganizers
For a normal conference, we want people with strong organizational skills to drive the event forward. For the Open Spaces conference, the participants are driving the event. Thus the name - Disorganizers instead of Organizers
So far, we have the following helpers:
Kim and Kate Tucker - disorganizational experts from Switzerland. Besides being a keen tri-athlete/runner, Kim has also been a free software and libre knowledge activist. Kate is an accomplished catalyst and facilitator, author of inter alia one book and several articles on coaching and mentoring.
Kirk Pepperdine - Kirk has run dozens of training courses and is a regular speaker at conferences. Kirk loves Crete and will make sure that we all have a great time.
Heinz Kabutz - Heinz has run over a hundred Java courses around the world with thousands of participants. Heinz lives 2km from the hotel where the roundup will be held.
- Tea boy - Heinz
- Catalysts/facilitators - Kim, Kate, John, Kirk
- keep the energy and knowledge flowing
- end-of-day and next-day wrap up and preparation
- Wiki Master - Kim
- Tours, walks - John
- Coding - Kirk
- Defining and assigning of tasks - Kirk
- Infrastructure support - Heinz
- PR - Heinz, Kirk, ?
- Scribes - volunteer(s) in each session (to capture proceedings - wiki text and other media).
- Roaming scribe: photograph flipcharts etc. and upload, ensure each group has an active scribe (updating the wiki).
- Rapporteurs (where applicable) - volunteer(s) in each session.
- Disorganisers to touch base each day routinely at the end of each day's proceedings and/or before breakfast and/or as required.
Responsibilites of convenors of topics
If you propose a topic you are also taking responsibility to:
- Write the post-it with
- Topic title
- Your name (as convenor)
- Activity type (e.g. discussion, coding, debate, ...)
- Ensure that the discussion (or other activity) happens at the allocated venue
- Stick an A4 with your topic name on the door of the room as you go in to start your session.
- Ensure that relevant outputs are produced and shared via the space-time matrix or the outputs page.
- Update: NB Make it very clear to convenors of sessions that they are responsible to ensure the discussion is captured.