How to Apply and Study at UPNG Open College
Step 1: Get the Application form
You can get the Student Application form from the following places:
- At any of the Open Campuses and Provincial University Centres. All Centers location and contact details are listed on Step 5: Go for Registration below.
- If you have access to Internet, you can download the form in pdf format from the UPNG Website [UPNG Website]
Step 2: Selecting Your Desired Program of Study.
The Study Programs are offered by the University of Papua New Guinea Academic Schools. The Schools that have Programs on offer through Distance Learning are from the following Schools. The programs the school offers are listed under it.
- School of Bussiness Administration (SBA).
- Diploma in Accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management
- Bachelors Degree in Public Policy Management
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences (SHSS).
- Bachelors Degree in Education.
- Bachelors Degree in Arts.
- School of Natural & Physcial Sciences (SNPS).
- Bachelors of Science (Foundation Year only and offered only at the 4 Open Campuses.NCD, Kokopo, Buka, Madang).
All detail information for courses offered under each program is available at the the Open Campuses and Provincial University Centres. You must visit one that is nearest to you.
Step 3: Launching Your Application Form.
Once you have got the Application Form and chosen your program you can launch the Application. To launch the application;
- Fill the Application Form with all the required information.
- Make sure all the required attachments are intact, such as copies of certicates and etc.
- Pay the Registration Fee of K20.00 into the UPNG Account indicated on the Form.
- Attach the Registration to your filled Application.
- Bring it to the Open Campuses or University Centre closest to you. Or you can post it direct to;
- The Executive Officer
- UPNG OPEN COLLEGE
- P.O.BOX 341
- Papua New Guinea.
Step 4: Confirm your Acceptance from UPNG Open College.
The University of Papua New Guinea recieves so many Applications academic year and it publishes all the accepted Applicants in a list in the local newspapers as the official Acceptance List. The University may respond to individual students nofifying him/her of the appllication outcome not to all. Acceptance listed published in the newspapers is often regarded as the official notification. The list is published mid December for the following academic year and around June for 2nd Semester applicants.
Step 5: Go for Registration.
Accepted students can report to the Open Campuses and Provincial Universities of choice to register on the offical registration week. The Registration Date and other related details are published with the Acceptance list. The UPNG Open College study centers are as follows:
- Open Campuses.
- Provincial University Centers.
- Enga University Centre
- Mendi University Centre
- Simbu University Centre
- Morobe University Centre
- Oro University Centre
- Milne Bay University Centre
- West New Britain University Centre
- Manus University Centre
- New Ireland University Centre
- Wewak University Centre
- Franchise Sub Centers