People & Planet
Ideas for learning activities for the People & Planet case study:
- Consider the case of People & Planet. Without reference to the actual technical solutions they used, design a comprehensive free software solution for such an organisation.
- Discuss the methodology of People & Planet with respect to ICT. What does it have in common with agile methodologies? Is it appropriate for such organisations?
- How could P&P enhance their impact even more with free software and libre knowledge?
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of flat structures in organisations.
- How is this relevant to the case study you are discussing?
- For a company migrating to free software, is it likely to be easiest with a hierarchical authoritarian organisation in which the person at the top is mandating it?
- Change management is always a challenge when an organisation migrates to free software. What aspects are most challenging. Write a guide for an NGO thinking about it.