Facilitate adult learners' individualised learning
People credited with this unit standard are able to: establish individualised learning outcomes; negotiate action plans for individualised learning; and support learner progress.
This unit is used in the following courses
Establish individualised learning outcomes
- Outcomes match the individual's needs, interests, requirements, and abilities.
- Outcomes contain statements of observable and measurable outcome performance, performance standards, and conditions under which performance is to take place.
- Outcomes are achievable within available resources and learning opportunities, and are confirmed with the individual
Negotiate action plans for individualised learning
- Plan includes the individual's learning outcomes, agreed timeframe for completion, and agreed methods for assessment and recording.
- Plan contains a structured sequence of learning events, key dates and arrangements for support, progress review, and feedback.
- Plan is recorded, and is agreed by facilitator and learner.
Support learner progress
Range: periodic monitoring, problem solving, remedial face-to-face training.
- Support given assists the achievement of learning outcomes.
- Progress review and feedback are implemented in accordance with the action plan.
- Action plan is reviewed and adjusted to accommodate departures from the original plan.
- Individualised learning can include learner research, the use of individualised learning packages, distance learning, and mixes of learning opportunities that are available on an individual or group basis.
- This unit standard does not include assessment of individual's learning.
(Refer to Unit 4098, Use standards to assess candidate performance).
- This unit standard can be assessed on job and off job in combination.