Exploring Tourism/Resources/Lesson Plans/Lesson Plan 13
Diploma in Applied Travel and Tourism
Course Name: Exploring Tourism
Course Code: TT520001
Aim: Understand the economic and socio-cultural impacts of tourism
Lecture Delivery Plan:
1. Recap on last week as showed youtube and ppt on economic, socio-cultural and environmental as needed information prior to completing assessment.
2. Started with economic - defining GDP, multiplier effect and leakage, direct, indirect and induced - especially in developing countries. e.g. Gambia. Leakage from Fiji, Thailand. Went through information on wiki. Speights activity as group.
3.Showed photos and tourists souveniers from home for examples of staged tourism and airport art. Supporting local crafts or changing for tourism?
4. Newspaper articles on many effects of tourism - each student chose one article to read and summarise for class
5. Information on tourism in Gambia - students completed ranking exercise.
6. To complete environmental exercise by next week