Evaluate single-user personal computer applications
People credited with this unit standard are able to: review user requirements for personal computer applications; and identify, evaluate, and make recommendations for a range of personal computer applications. A person doing this unit should have prior knowledge and skills to operate a personal computer, such as those covered by knowledge of a personal computer system.
- 1 This unit is used in the following courses
- 2 Review user requirements for single-user personal computer applications
- 3 Identify single-user personal computer applications for evaluation
- 4 Assess single-user personal computer applications
- 5 Make recommendations for single-user personal computer applications
- 6 Notes
This unit is used in the following courses
Review user requirements for single-user personal computer applications
- The review identifies the feasibility of the requirements.
- The review identifies the relative priority of each requirement.
- The review produces a set of criteria that allow applications to be evaluated.
Range: fitness for purpose, cost, hardware requirements, software requirements, compatibility, performance, capacity, reliability, ease of use, training requirements, documentation, support.
- A review procedure is adopted which ensures the final outcome meets user requirements.
Identify single-user personal computer applications for evaluation
Range: at least three applications must be identified.
- Applications are available to the user.
- Applications offer a solution to the specified user requirements.
- The applications identified include commonly available solutions.
Assess single-user personal computer applications
- The assessment compares the attributes of each application with respect to the evaluation criteria.
- A summary is provided for each application with respect to the evaluation criteria.
Make recommendations for single-user personal computer applications
- Explanations provide justification for the recommendations based on the evaluation of the applications and the user requirements.
- Explanations include the assumptions made in the recommendations.
- The computer applications evaluated must be of the same type, eg word processor applications, or computer graphics applications.
- A specification of user requirements for a single-user personal computer application must be provided to the person being assessed against this unit standard.